There are many things you need to consider when you are thinking of moving your office. Finding the right office space in London can be quite a hard task. You need to find a place where your business can function effectively and efficiently. Cost is obviously the most important factor, but there are many other factors you need to look into while choosing office space in London.
1. The Area – First and foremost you need to look at which part of the city you want your office at. All businesses want to close to their customers which is why you need to find a place which is business central. You want to make sure your place of business is easily accessible. This is why you need to get a workspace which close to public transport. This would help your workers and employees to travel to work and back home. Make sure that your space is also accessible to motorways and at least one airport or railway station. You want a place which is centrally located so it is close to hotels and restaurants as well. If you have clients coming to your office from other cities and countries this would ensure that they are close to your workplace. If you are moving outside central London you want to make sure that you check the availability of housing for your employees.
2. The Building – Choosing the right building for your workplace is also very important. This could affect your cost in a big way. You need to decide how much space you’re going to need and to what extent you want to expand your office. If your business is expected to grow you need to decide how much space you need when you move. Moving can be quite a headache and you don’t want to be doing this often do you? You also need to decide what kind of internal configuration and floor footprint you’re going to have. This would save your company a lot of money. I suggest you hire a space planning specialist to help you with this.
3. Business rates – These rates are local taxes that are levied on commercial occupiers. This is based on the commercial properties size quality and location. This is a very important factor to consider if you’re renting a property. You could always go to a rating surveyor while considering which building to buy. Compare rates of different buildings and choose one which suits your needs best.
4. Services provided and Building management – A pleasant working experience in your new office depends highly on building management and services. The operating expense of a new building would include management services. A few examples of these services are Cleaning, window cleaning, Electricity Charges, Security, Staff Costs, Staffing accommodation, Heating and air conditioning, Insurance, Fire Procedures and precautions, Water charges and water testing, maintenance, Toilet and Toilet Hygiene, Car Parking, Audit fee and management fee. All this is usually taken care of by the building. These are 4 of the most important aspects you have to take care of when you are looking for office space in London.
- Investing in Commercial Real Estate – The Real Challenge
- Luxury Living at Abacoa